Latest Issues with Java 8 [Lost Text] | General Solutions

Your daily Manga Masters News.

Latest Issues with Java 8 [Lost Text] | General Solutions

Postby SmoothMC » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:57 am

LOST CONNECTION: TEXT. PLEASE RESTART.

Are you encountering this nightmare? Don't worry! The friendly moderator staff is here to remediate.
If this is you:
@panic@ @cry@ @rage@
read on.

Java 8 is not compatible with pchat.
Recommended browser for all steps/solutions is GOOGLE CHROME, with FIREFOX as a secondary option.
**Update**: Chrome 45 and newer are no longer compatible with NPAPI based applications like JAVA. The new recommended browser is FireFox for easy access. However, the steps below are still applicable to this browser as well.

Prepare for the steps below by doing a thorough virus scan of your computer. Viruses will interfere with Java. Keep in mind that Java 7 is an older version of Java that is considered "less secure". Performing frequent virus scans is good general maintenance for your computer.

1]Uninstall ALL JAVA FILES. This includes JAVA 8 and any other Java files on your computer.
2]Restart Computer.
3]Install Java 7.
>>Make Sure you install the correct bit for your system [ie, 32 vs. 64].<<
4] Restart Computer.
5](a)Open configure java.
(b)Set security to Medium.
(c)Add sites to list of security exceptions, including http and https versions. You may want to try adding individual rooms to test.

When adding sites to security exceptions, be sure to include: https://www/mangamasters.com:433

5a. http://gyazo.com/17b0c8d2fd9cfd6c883b0b3648c935bd
5b. http://gyazo.com/1749a9f2e92e461193d35499501484a8
5c. http://gyazo.com/4d019116f7046dcec59f5f9c14c0563d

6] Restart Computer.
7] Paintchat should now be accessible.

@nice@ Feel free to contact a paintchat moderator should you need more assistance. @joy@

Additional Tips: Try clearing your Java Cache.
SmoothMC
Paintchat Moderator
Paintchat Moderator

x86 Patch for x64 issues pertaining to JAVA

Postby SmoothMC » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:49 pm

Addendum: If the x64 bit is not functioning correctly for you, check and see if your system is running x86 bit [mine does both 64 and 86]. Try downloading the x86 version instead of the x64 and it may also clear up your issue. This is because browsers tend to run x86 Java (aka, 32 bit)...so most systems need both 32 and 64 bit to function. Do not overlook this as it may be the reason you are still having issues.

Security Exceptions: http://gyazo.com/0203c5f19f189d670488c30e8807e7e8

Security Level: http://gyazo.com/1749a9f2e92e461193d35499501484a8

Java: http://gyazo.com/ac9d2e8be947d262fdf8f717f1270288

Download java from:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/ ... 67-oth-JPR

THIS MAY REQUIRE A JAVA ACCOUNT. THEY ARE FREE AND TAKE LESS THAN 5 MINUTES TO CREATE.
If you are unable to create one, contact me and I will help you set one up.
Keep in mind you will need BOTH ONLINE AND OFFLINE versions of java for installation.

1] Install version from above links.
2] Adjust settings based on the information located above, if necessary.
3] Restart again.
SmoothMC
Paintchat Moderator
Paintchat Moderator

For Lost Pen Pressure

Postby SmoothMC » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:21 am

A general solution I have found effective for treating lost pen pressure is to:

1] Reinstall jtablet from the cellosoft website, located here:
http://jtablet.cellosoft.com/

Please keep in mind that the new Jtablet2 Alpha is for MACS ONLY.

Remember, you will need to add it to your list of security exceptions in java if you wish to use the test applet!

2] Reinstall your tablet drivers

This will vary based on your brand of tablet.

3] Restart PC.

4] Test for functionality in PCHAT by clicking the "P" box located in the upper right corner.

Reminder: JTablet is also only compatible with certain brands of tablet. At this time, Wacom and Wacom products are the only confirmed and compatible brand. If you have a different brand of tablet you've found to be compatible with JTablet, please let us know! We can add it to the list.
SmoothMC
Paintchat Moderator
Paintchat Moderator

80% Glitch when loading a room

Postby SmoothMC » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:23 am

If you encounter the 80% glitch when loading a room, don't worry. This happens to many users. In part it is due to the extended room sizes. Here are some possible solutions when trying to enter a room:

A: Open task manager. End java.exe*32. Refresh the room.

B: Clear your java cache.

C: Keep refreshing the room manually until the "do you wish to run java?" alert pops up. This will usually get you around the glitch. This may require several tries/refreshes, but has been 100% effective for me personally.

1] Load the room with your screen window set to 'full'.
2] Select 'run' for java.
3] Minimize your screen to half size. This should cause the 'Do you want to run?" menu to appear.

D: Avoid rooms 4, 6, and Big Canvas. They have the most issues with 80%. If you cannot get the above fixes to work, these rooms will only cause you frustration. Try the above tips before you give up on a room.
SmoothMC
Paintchat Moderator
Paintchat Moderator

Non-Functioning Toolbox Upon Entry

Postby SmoothMC » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:08 pm

When loading a room, if you enter the room and all you seem to be able to use is your pencil tool and no other, try these steps:

1] Check the browser you are using. Mangamasters Paintchat functions best with browser GOOGLE CHROME. If you are using Firefox, download Chrome and attempt to access tools.

2] Enter using 'Pro-Tools'. For some folks, even downloading Chrome is only 1/2 of the solution. You will then need to enter the room using the 'Pro-Tools' feature rather than the 'Normal-Tools' setting. This may make your menu appear differently, but you should be able to access all tool boxes this way. You should still have access to pen pressure in this mode.
SmoothMC
Paintchat Moderator
Paintchat Moderator

PLUG-IN NOT SUPPORTED FIX

Postby SmoothMC » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:22 pm

Keep in mind, this will only work for CHROME:

1] Go to: chrome://flags/#enable-npapi
2] Click 'Enable'.
3] Restart Browser windows and if necessary, computer.

Chrome is going to eventually remove all support for NPAPI, which includes Silverlight, Unity, Java, and others in late 2015.

Chrome 45 in September will completely remove Java support. Disable automatic Chrome Updates in chrome://plugins.

TO DO SO:

1] chrome://plugins.
2] Google Update: Disable.
3] Restart Chrome by closing all tabs.

EDIT 09/04/2015: Chrome no longer supports NPAPI based add-ons. IF YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN TO TURN OFF UPDATES AND ARE ENCOUNTERING JAVA ISSUES, CHECK TO MAKE SURE YOUR VERSION OF CHROME IS 44 OR OLDER. Chrome 45+ is no longer compatible. You will need to revert to an older version of Chrome or utilize Mozilla Firefox instead! Make sure you turn off auto-updates in your FireFox!
SmoothMC
Paintchat Moderator
Paintchat Moderator

'SQUISHED' SCREEN/CAN'T SEE USERS FIX | SIGN-IN FIX FOR MOZI

Postby SmoothMC » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:39 pm

If you enter a room and get sizing errors, can't see pchat user tags, and don't have a functional chatbox:

Option 1: Hit "Fall". See if this fixes your issue.

Option 2: Switch from Chrome to Firefox.

Option 3: Refresh a few times first, to see if your screen adjusts.

Can't sign in to MM? Page keeps refreshing or acting like you didn't sign in?
Clear cookies/cache!
SmoothMC
Paintchat Moderator
Paintchat Moderator

Re: Latest Issues with Java 8 [Lost Text] | General Solution

Postby SOLIDShift » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:55 am

So... why doesn't the site just update instead of torturing it's users and forcing them to downgrade?

I'm sure it's some arbitrary reason like... it can only ever run in Java 7.. because limitations...and reasons...
SOLIDShift
Be nice, I'm new
Be nice, I'm new

Postby SmoothMC » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:56 am

SOLIDShift wrote:So... why doesn't the site just update instead of torturing it's users and forcing them to downgrade?

I'm sure it's some arbitrary reason like... it can only ever run in Java 7.. because limitations...and reasons...

There is actually a very legitimate reason for this issue. The top two are due to loss of browser support and security concerns. Chrome/Firefox no longer wish to carry NPAPI based programs/JAVA in general. So applications like pchat lose out in that regard. As for security concerns, JAVA no longer wishes to support 3rd party applications in their newest updates, and Pchat happens to be a third party application. I hope this is informative!
SmoothMC
Paintchat Moderator
Paintchat Moderator

Postby FenFen » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:21 am

FenFen wrote:you guys are amazing, i can't understand how you make this work, because I've tried it all and nothing seems to work and I'm losing hopes, I've tried here and on nikos pchat, and nothing helps me, I don't know, does it have some kind of country restriction? there's no way I can get it to not tell me "lost connection". I'm really sad...

I have sent you a message!
-SMC
FenFen
Be nice, I'm new
Be nice, I'm new

Postby DeBree420 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:49 am

This is ridiculously frustrating. I don't want to leave the community, but I also don't want to leave my computer vulnerable to infection which is a big possibility when running an old java. java sucks, I wish someone in charge here would have the time and inclination to rewrite it in something like html.
@rage@ @cry@
DeBree420
Be nice, I'm new
Be nice, I'm new

Postby Dragon » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:15 am

DeBree420 wrote:This is ridiculously frustrating. I don't want to leave the community, but I also don't want to leave my computer vulnerable to infection which is a big possibility when running an old java. java sucks, I wish someone in charge here would have the time and inclination to rewrite it in something like html.
@rage@ @cry@

Pchat does NOT belong to Flash or any of the mods here. They did not write the code, they just own/manage the website that pchat is hosted on. Shi-painter, the program that is pchat, has not been updated in a very long time (2000-2003)
Dragon
Be nice, I'm new
Be nice, I'm new

Postby DeBree420 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:00 am

Dragon wrote:
DeBree420 wrote:This is ridiculously frustrating. I don't want to leave the community, but I also don't want to leave my computer vulnerable to infection which is a big possibility when running an old java. java sucks, I wish someone in charge here would have the time and inclination to rewrite it in something like html.
@rage@ @cry@

Pchat does NOT belong to Flash or any of the mods here. They did not write the code, they just own/manage the website that pchat is hosted on. Shi-painter, the program that is pchat, has not been updated in a very long time (2000-2003)

I understand this, however surely there is someone out there with coding experience willing to spend the time going through the old Shi-painter source code and updating it in JAVA, or someone willing to code a new program that works the same way in HTML to avoid the JAVA stupidity...
It's going to have to be me isn't it... *sigh*... off to code academy for me then...
DeBree420
Be nice, I'm new
Be nice, I'm new

Postby Dragon » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:11 pm

DeBree420 wrote:I understand this, however surely there is someone out there with coding experience willing to spend the time going through the old Shi-painter source code and updating it in JAVA, or someone willing to code a new program that works the same way in HTML to avoid the JAVA stupidity...
It's going to have to be me isn't it... *sigh*... off to code academy for me then...

I'm sure there is someone who can, but it's time and money... Money no one really really has for such an outstanding project. As for time, well... it'd probably take a long while to the point that it'll help people in the future, but not so much right now. I'd expect a few years before it would actually work/have a nice UI if the person worked all day on it.
Dragon
Be nice, I'm new
Be nice, I'm new

Postby DeBree420 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:09 pm

Dragon wrote:I'm sure there is someone who can, but it's time and money... Money no one really really has for such an outstanding project. As for time, well... it'd probably take a long while to the point that it'll help people in the future, but not so much right now. I'd expect a few years before it would actually work/have a nice UI if the person worked all day on it.

a new program in HTML would indeed be time consuming but would end in less maintenance in the long term, updating shi-painter in JAVA may not be as time consuming (although JAVA is an 'ugly' language that needs much more specifics in the code than other languages)... I don't know java, but am now learning it. I want to have a crack at updating shi-painter because I am too stubborn to accept either option of no longer being able to use paintchat or leaving my computer unprotected. This may take a while as I'm starting from scratch with a 'new' language...
DeBree420
Be nice, I'm new
Be nice, I'm new

Next

Return to Website News